“Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them;
for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven’.” – Matthew 19:14
- that each student should know Jesus Christ as his or her personal Savior and Lord.
- that children should be equipped to impact their world for Him.
- that students should be exposed to a college preparatory core curriculum.
- that New Hope is an extension, not a replacement, of the Christian home thereby establishing a united partnership between families and the school.
- that a Christ-centered curriculum and academic excellence can co-exist.
- that effective communication, both oral and written, is a critical lifelong skill.
- that students have varied learning styles and benefit from diverse teaching strategies.
- that students improve their academic and behavioral performance when challenged by high expectations in a supportive Christian environment.
- that students should be immersed in Biblical study, in praise and worship, and in meaningful relationships with Christian role models.
- that students should be provided an emotionally and physically safe environment.
- that students’ self-esteem is enhanced through the development of positive relationships teaching core values and modeling cooperative behavior.
- that students should develop an understanding of global issues and the importance of becoming a Christian servant in their school, home, community, city, country, and world.
The Nicene Creed
At the founding in 1995, New Hope Christian Academy adopted the Nicene Creed (AD 325) as the school’s statement of beliefs.
This creed, along with other statements of the church such as the Apostles’ Creed, acts as a measurement for orthodoxy and helps connect Christians together throughout history through common proclamations of belief.
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty,
Maker of heaven and earth,
Of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God,
Begotten of his Father before all worlds,
God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God,
Begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father;
By whom all things were made;
Who for us and for our salvation
Came down from heaven,
And was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary,
And was made man;
And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate;
He suffered and was buried;
And the third day he rose again according to the Scriptures,
And ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of the Father;
And he shall come again, with glory,
to judge both the living and the dead;
Whose kingdom shall have no end.
And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and giver of life,
Who proceeds from the Father and the Son;
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified;
Who spoke by the prophets;
And we believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church;
We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins;
And we look for the resurrection of the dead,
And the life of the world to come. Amen.